September 18, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences...One Eternal Round!

Today I attended Parent Teacher Conference at the Middle School with Brenna. As with all of the girls, this is a no brainer. They are always wonderful students - respectful, hard-working, focused and achievers. But this conference was just a little different. Brenna and I had been at the school for about 15 minutes when I looked down the hall and saw Shanna, who was there for Brinley's parent teacher conference meetings. She wandered down the hall and we stood, visiting, for a few minutes. And I was struck by how weird this really is....me - there at school with my youngest daughter; checking on her progress, shaping her and molding her into responsible adulthood - and my eldest daughter, there also, doing the exact same things for her daughter. It was a very interesting mix of emotions.

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

FINALLY! I think that may always be an emotion you will feel becuase Brinley and Brenna will always be so close in age. Glad to see a post!

Shanna said...

I hear ya. I didn't realize that any of our situations were odd. But I guess they are. I am greatful though to share these weird moments together ;)